Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dealing with givens
Given that givens are all that we’ve got,
I’m playing the hand I’ve been dealt in this lot:
3 primates, 2 canines, and the deceased estate of Print
Now we’ll see how a CAT handles this predicament!

Forgive me for waxing poetic, I get that way under pressure. Who would have thought that organizing a business would be so complicated? I have all the resources I need, my only task is to harness them and cause them to work for the common good. Sounds easy enough, doesn’t it? Sure, until I look at what I’ve been given!

That damn terrier. He keeps snipping at me. Look at him, he’s got such an attitude!
I know one day he will be my best ally, but right now he is my most biggest problem.
His name is Mac. He came here from rescue shelter (that’s a step up from the County Pound, my alma mater) just a few months ago. He never lived on the streets (as I did) and spent only a few days in the shelter, so in my opinion he’s got little experience with physical hardships. That is to say, he doesn’t appear to have missed a meal, and those meals were always served in a clean bowl at appropriate times. And his paws! Soft like they never spent any time outside!
I do not discount his emotional hardships, however. He was “owner relinquished” at the shelter. That’s gotta be difficult. His human was a good one, but not a healthy one, and the day came when adequate care could no longer be offered. Mac is a victim of circumstance. I try to remember that, it keeps me from landing a pawful of claws on his nose!
He’s got some strong qualities. His energy level is far beyond that of mortal men, and he can be sweet and charming one moment and snarling and vicious the next. I think he would excel as Sales Manager in this organization.


No comments:

Post a Comment