Friday, May 11, 2012

Human and Canine Husbandry
I’m doing my best to manage since taking over all affairs here at the Monkay House, en français Chez Monkay, c’est difficle, n’est-ce pas?
right.
I’ve sent my human to work outside in the shed, in full sight of my nip patch, where I can easily keep watch on her. However, there are other animals in my care, 2 other humans of my own human’s litter (what an appropriate word!), and 2 canines! I’m managing a farm of pack animals. I don’t know how much control I have over the others, but I need to get some kind of output from them. Or I may need to order some more pack animals online. This is a new experience for me, I’m playing it by ear. I have learned this:
Humans and dogs (pack animals) respond well to clear direction, they actually WANT to work for you! (I mean really, from a cat’s perspective, that’s a laughable state of mind, but okay whatever.)
It stands to reason that pack animals have a cooperative spirit, otherwise they wouldn’t be pack animals. Bless their hearts, they’ll do just about anything if you say it like we’re on the same side, from “fetch this stick I’m going to throw for no reason” to “make us a sandwich.”
I think about these things now that I have taken control.
So now I think like a farmer; I suppose that’s what I am.  And if that’s what I am, then I’m thinking about how best to manage these animals. For now the farm is small. Resources dictate that I must deal with what I’ve got right now. Which isn’t too bad.  There’s some interesting colors in the box. My human is a mixed breed, she looks mainly Pole, mixed with probably German.  The others are mixed with Pacific Islander, English, Corgi, and Jack Russel. I am in no way ready to tackle all that, for now I’m dealing with my Polish German mix.
Maybe the Jack Russel would be easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment